Example CV Template For a Controller
Using a CV Template when creating a CV
for a Controller position is a helpful way
of putting structure into your CV, and a great way to learn ideas; it is good practice to view
several examples of CVs from your industry, so you can define what you would like to achieve.
Be careful when using a CV template because the content you include needs to be unique content,
tailored to your experiences as a Controller and specifically, about your achievements. When creating your CV, a key
tip is to carefully insert your personality, give an overview of your job responsibilities and share
insights about your career that you are proud of.
Start with a unique personal statement tailored specifically to you. Focus on who you are, what your strengths are and share the traits that make you a standout candidate for jobs in Finance In your CV, you need
to address who you are, what you have to offer, what you are aiming for in your career and you need
to let the reader understand the type of impact you will have in their company, should you be
Sample CV Summary for a Controller
As the Controller, I was responsible for accurate and timely financial management of the organisation. I was in control of accounting operations, production of periodic financial reports, and maintenance of accounting records.
CV Example for a Controller's Experience
- Coordinating and directing budgeting, procurement, investment activities and financial planning.
- Developing internal control guidelines, policies and procedures for budget accounting, cash and credit management, administration, and other activities.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and professional standards.
- Establishing and maintaining financial controls with the accounting department.
- Creating budgets and forecasts.
- Preparing and presenting financial reports and risk analysis.
- Guiding financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Providing support to management, particularly in commercial and financial matters.
- Creating reports that help senior leadership understand company financials.
- Being responsible for the company general ledger.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field.
CV Tips for a Controller
- Understanding of applicable laws and regulations.
- Understanding of economic principles, financial markets, and banking.
- Understanding of financial data analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions.
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines, with strong organisation and priority setting skills.
- Experience in financial project management.
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in Excel.
- Must be able to communicate financial information into sound business language so people of all levels can understand.
- Knowledge of regulation on taxes and reporting.
- Deep understanding of finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance.