Example CV Template For a Media Manager
Using a CV Template when creating a CV
for a Media Manager position is a helpful way
of putting structure into your CV, and a great way to learn ideas; it is good practice to view
several examples of CVs from your industry, so you can define what you would like to achieve.
Be careful when using a CV template because the content you include needs to be unique content,
tailored to your experiences as a Media Manager and specifically, about your achievements. When creating your CV, a key
tip is to carefully insert your personality, give an overview of your job responsibilities and share
insights about your career that you are proud of.
Start with a unique personal statement tailored specifically to you. Focus on who you are, what your strengths are and share the traits that make you a standout candidate for jobs in Media. In your CV, you need
to address who you are, what you have to offer, what you are aiming for in your career and you need
to let the reader understand the type of impact you will have in their company, should you be
Sample CV Summary for a Media Manager
In my role as the Media Manager, I was expected to be a confident communicator and have great people skills. I had to have excellent project management and organisational skills and be able to work comfortably under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
The role required a wide degree of creativity and latitude with the ability to shape an organisation’s image and values through appropriate communication to the outside world. The job utilised my natural leadership qualities, time management and planning skills.
CV Example for a Media Manager's Experience
- Identifying press opportunities through evolving issues.
- Developing content for use in press releases, social media, websites and other distribution channels.
- Ensuring that key messages align with vital business strategies.
- Serving as the organisation’s media liaison and formal spokesperson.
- Conducting press conferences and briefings.
- Scanning media marketplace to keep up-to-date on the latest media trends.
- Monitoring online and offline campaigns, and reporting on results.
- Negotiating with media channels to close competitive deals.
- Building and managing the organisation’s social media profile and presence.
- Promoting additional projects to support new product launches.
- Building long-term relationships with media influencers.
- Appropriately manage the organisation’s media budget.
CV Tips for a Media Manager
- 3 years of experience as a Media Manager or similar.
- Demonstrable experience with building effective media campaigns.
- Ability to create appropriate content for press releases, social media, websites and other distribution channels.
- Ability to conduct press conferences and briefings.
- Ability to nurture long-term relationships with key media influencers.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Natural leader who displays strong decision-making and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills.
- Bachelors degree in Communications/Media or related