Start your application for this job todayApply Now
Associate Director of Clinical Services
Mildmay Oaks, Odiham Road, Winchfield,Hook, Hampshire RG27 8BS
Priory Group Division
£56,000.00 - Dependant on Experience
37.5 hours per Week
Permanent - Full Time
Job Advert - Division Information
Job Advert Role Description
Mildmay Oaks is a low secure and locked rehabilitation service for men with learning disability and autism spectrum disorder, and for women with learning disability.
The Associate DoCS plays a key part in developing and delivering the Hospital Quality strategy, providing clinical leadership to the team.
• Alongside the HD & DoCs support site and in preparing for announced regulatory inspections, and Contractual requirements.
• Ensures delivery of the highest level of clinical and therapeutic care together with ensuring compliance with statutory regulations and current legislation, meeting quality standards and delivering against quality performance indicators.
• Leadership of the site Quality plans,
• Provides leadership, organisation and co-ordination to ensure effective clinical governance.
• Facilitating and supporting the implementation and maintenance of the overall site Governance. Working with wards, departments to facilitate the delivery of the Governance agenda and embed learning, evidence based practice and improvement in patient care.
• Providing advice on quality governance issues to all staff at site, promoting high standards of care and development of clinical practice.
• Point of contact for the Divisional Nursing and Quality Team
• Ensuring that all auditing and governance requirements are met at site including participation and compliance with the Priory Audit Calendar.
• Developing and contributing to the Governance Reports and relevant regular reports
• Attending, contributing, sharing outcomes and learnings from a number of forums including Clinical Governance, Health and Safety, Risk and Reducing Restrictive Practice.
• Have oversight of Hospital restrictive practices and implementing, auditing and review of strategies to reduce them.
• Facilitating compliance with the company incident and serious incident policy and support staff in the investigation of serious incidents in line with company policy. This includes support with 24/72hr notifications and TIRs.
• Leading investigations and reviews, including serious incidents, thematic reviews, safeguarding whistle blowing complaints, providing reports within the given timescales and in accordance with policies
• Supporting patient and staff safety culture and promoting learning from incidents and complaints by promoting sharing of learnings across site and, where appropriate, across the division.
• Supports the DoCS to ensures effective management of the relationship with Higher Education Institutes to support placements for all learners.
• Works with the Site Safeguarding Lead to ensure Safeguarding log is updated, appropriate levels of Level 4 trained safeguarding leads, and updated OP15 & 16 documentation
• Develops relationship with CQC inspection team to manage service enquiries in a timely and appropriate manner.
• Monitor Patient experience across the site and support changes to practice.
• Preparing the site for Regulatory body inspections and Internal Benchmarking and Health and Safety inspections.
• Support contractual compliance and providing quality reports to commissioners as required.
• Leading on the site quality improvement plan
• To maintain oversight of and implement actions from the service lines relevant to site
• As part of the Senior Management team will carry out on-call duties as directed by the Hospital Director.
• Contributes to the development of Priory policies, procedures, processes and initiatives
• Line management of the Quality Administrator
• You will be expected to cover the role of Ward Manager as and when required
• You will be expected to provide cover and support to the wider team and site as and when needed
Interviews will take place week commencing the 18th of December
Division DBS info
As one of the UK’s leading providers of behavioural care and specialist support services to adults and young people, Priory Group promise a challenging and fulfilling career with the support of a world class organisation willing to invest in your development.
Across our network of hospitals, residential care homes, education facilities and supported living services, we are making a real and lasting difference to the lives of the people we support.
Priory maintains that vaccination remains our very best line of defence against COVID-19 and believes that our colleagues working with vulnerable individuals have a professional duty to be vaccinated. As part of our wider infection control efforts, and to meet our commissioner and customer requirements, we continue to record vaccination status for all colleagues and we therefore request that you disclose this information as part of your application. Your vaccination status will not affect any offer of employment and will be held in line with GDPR requirements. We thank you for your understanding.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check.