Start your application for this job todayApply Now
Your role in a nutshell
We are recruiting a permanent Business Manager to be based at our global HQ at London Bridge or Watersmead, Littlehampton (hybrid working). The successful candidate will manage the relationship between The Body Shop International and Head Franchisees in the highly significant Middle East & Africa region, to drive sustainable, profitable, and strategic growth.
Working with the Franchise Commercial team, Global and other regions to develop The Body Shop franchise management best-practices, and to ensure franchisee needs are appropriately considered when making critical business decisions.
You will ensure the brand is protected by compliance to TBS guidelines and to maximise profit by working with franchisees to identify and implement initiatives in line with the global strategy to drive retail and wholesale sales.
More about the role
What we look for
That’s a lot to ask for – so in return we offer
* a 6% contributory pension plan (that rises with loyalty)
* 23 days holiday plus bank holidays - time to refresh and recharge (you can buy/sell holiday)
* 1 Self Love Day – An extra day off per year to recharge and focus on what you love to do most
* 3 additional days a year to volunteer in the local community to support the causes you feel most passionate about
* Discretionary bonus scheme
* LOVE Money – Money from us to spend on YOUR wellbeing - pamper yourself on us. Every year.
* 50% employee discount on our products and access to sample sales
* Access to Perks at Work, our online shopping channel with exclusive deals & discounts
* Access to our Nourish platform, where you have access at certain times of the year to fantastic benefits such as; Buying/Selling holiday, Pension Top Up, Private Medical Insurance options, Green Car Benefits, Cycle To Work scheme, Techscheme, On site nursery (for Littlehampton colleagues), and much more!
* Life Assurance
* EAP (Employee Assistance Program) – We work with experts to support you on all aspects of your Wellbeing: Physical, Mental and Financial.
* AND - we have also implemented Hybrid working into our HQ’s in London Bridge and Littlehampton, West Sussex, where our teams spend 4 days a fortnight.
If you are excited by all that - you might just be the sort of person we need to help us make the impactful change the world needs within a business that invented the culture of ‘joyful collective' and everything that means and stands for.
The Body Shop
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible. Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
The Body Shop, along with Natura, is part of Natura & Co, a global, multi-channel and multi-brand cosmetics group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact. Group owner Natura is Brazil's number one cosmetics manufacturer. Sustainable development has been the company's guiding principle since it was founded in 1969. In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
At The Body Shop, we firmly believe that equality is a human right and that all people should have an equal opportunity to pursue their dreams and aspirations. We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the very best people by offering a creative and inclusive workplace where talent is recognized. We value diversity and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are proud to have a number of different active employee inclusion networks that serve not just as catalysts for change, but also to build a spirit of diversity, equality, inclusivity, and provide safe supportive spaces for engagement and solidarity for members of these communities. The Body Shop is also committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application.