|Facilities Manager in Fleet|
Salary: £45,000.00 per year
Date Advertised: 2021-07-22
Job role: HSE & Facilities Manager : Manufacturer Consumer Goods : Aston
We have a fantastic opportunity for a HSE & Facilities Manager to join an established yet forward thinking manufacturer of consumer products.
Whilst this client has a rich history in terms of tradition, product expertise and market leadership in their sector they have modern facilities and aspirations to continuously drive sustainability measures for the long term good and future state of their business, its people and their customers.
Main Role Responsibilities:
You will lead and guide the business through its HSE and Facilities management requirements. Your work will ensure that operational and maintenance of building systems and services run smoothly and safely, ensuring that best practices are followed and championed by all. Your work will identify efficiencies and opportunities to improve whilst making certain that compliance and legislative requirements are met. This role will need a strategic planner and project delivery attitude and capability with health & safety at the heart of it.
Key areas of focus would highlight
Health & Safety
Procurement & Contract Management
Environmental & Sustainability
Buildings, Operational & Site Maintenance
The above is not exhaustive and further analysis would show that Utilities, Projects & Compliance, Cleaning, Catering and Vending plus relevant policies and procedures, MHE Fleet and more fall under the leader ship of this important role.
Your Skills and Abilities:
Previous team leadership / management experience within a similar relevant role will be attractive. In addition your capabilities should include a desire to advise, drive and lead strategy on important health and safety and sustainability matters, influencing and instilling good H&S behaviours throughout the business.
* Excellent knowledge of health, safety and environmental Legislation, Regulation and Guidance
* A business ambassador for localised pollution issues
* Accident and incident free driven
* Knowledge of multi-faceted compliance across the business
* Strong auditor relationship and knowledge of assistance
* Ability to identify training needs and areas of concern
* Ability to mediate and advise on sensitive issues i.e. healthcare, new and expectant mothers
* Strong proof reader on complex agreements contracts etc.
* Ability to react under pressure in reactive situations that require immediate resolution
* Acts with integrity, with the ability to professionally manage sensitive issues
* Resilient and able to influence at all levels
Salary, Benefits and Hours:
* Starting salary: £45-48k, 25 days leave + bank Holidays
* Further benefits after a successful qualifying period will be on offer to you including contributory pension with employer match, death in service benefit.
* Discounts on products
* Free parking and onsite canteen
* The role operates around core daytime hours and enables flexible working.
* NEBOSH - DESIRABLE
* IOSH qualified - ESSENTIAL
* Strong Health and Safety Exposure training programmes