This job is brought to you by Jobs/Redefined, the UK's leading over-50s age inclusive jobs board.
Financial Assurance Manager
Areas of Interest
London - England - United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
CBRE is the global leader in real estate services and leverages the industry's most powerful knowledge base to meet the commercial real estate needs of its clients worldwide. Our vision is to be the preeminent, vertically integrated, globally capable real estate service firm. Globally we employ over 105,000 employees and operate in over 100 countries.
Financial Assurance Manager
We are recruiting a Finance Assurance Manager within the SOX and Assurance team in Controllership. This role delivers for our business by providing expertise and capability to help GWS manage our risks effectively and meet our financial control and compliance obligations.
This role sits within the Global Workplace Solutions segment of CBRE in the central Controllership finance team looking after the UK & Ireland business, which has an annual turnover of c. $2.4bn.
We offer a hybrid, flexible work environment, based out of our London office.
- Assist in the process documentation of GWS UK&I financial controls at all levels to build out a comprehensive and consistent Accounting Control Framework
- Ensure that processes which result in a financial statement impact are in line with the relevant local accounting policies for statutory reporting, and US GAAP for Group reporting
- Ensure the control environment is sufficient in design and operation to manage identified risks within agreed appetite levels, with plans and associated accountabilities and milestones developed to address unacceptable exposures.
- Undertake first line assurance work for the ACF including testing of controls for both design and effectiveness.
- Work with management across the business units and finance teams to agree remediations for control deficiencies identified and ensure these are actioned in a timely manner
- Provide advice, oversight and challenge to the GWS business units and client teams
- Support the successful delivery of the GWS external audit process
- Support the successful delivery of internal audit and compliance reviews
- Review submissions to the Out of Period Adjustment tracker in consultation with the business and Controllership
- Assist with leading the client teams in remediation activity for any SOX controls as flagged by the Global SOX team or through external audit
- ACA or ACCA qualified accountant or equivalent
- Experience of working with internal controls, which is likely to include experience in working in external / internal audit
- Demonstrable aptitude for business process improvement
- Experience of preparing reports for key stakeholders
- Internal control design experience
- Experience of working with SOX controls is desirable
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We will send you the emails which you have subscribed to. You can unsubscribe using the link in
We will collect and process personal website usage information. We will use this to understand how our websites are used, along with letting you know of products or services which we think might be of interest to you by email, phone or other digitial means. You might get different content displayed on certain pages based on previous website activity.
We will occasionaly send you information about other products or services from brands owned by Partners of Research LTD.
If you become a customer to any of our products, we will contact you whilst you are a customer with
key product and billing information.
If you have provided consent for your CV to be shared with employers, there is a chance your
current employer might find it.
Partners of Research LTD. Trading as Check-a-Salary. Registered address: The Carriage House, Mill Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6YE with company number: 08521222. Trading address: Unit 4 The Mews, 16 Holly Bush Lane, Sevenoaks, TN13 3TH