Start your application for this job todayApply Now
Subsea7 has an exciting opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer to work within our UK & Global IRM team within our Westhill, Aberdeen office on a full-time Staff basis. We are considering applications from people of Junior up to Principal level on a staff or contract basis.
The Geotechnical Department reports to the Specialist Technical Services team within UK&GIRM’s Central Engineering. This team will support Subsea7 in all parts of the offshore energy division that we operate.
This position will offer challenging and exciting workdays in a diverse and collaborative environment, and a chance to be involved in a variety of interesting projects within the offshore energy sector.
What will you be doing?
· Complete geotechnical engineering aspects for offshore energy projects, with support from senior team members
· Evaluate the quality of available site investigation data for offshore energy projects, and be capable of specifying and supervising site investigations when needed
· Interpret and use offshore site investigation data and be able to integrate results into ground models and derive parameters for the detailed design of subsea infrastructure
· Undertake detailed design and installation of gravity based, piled & suction installed foundations and evaluate/recommend reeled-pipe-lay initiation anchorage
· Use of limit analysis for estimation of collapse load for foundations subject to complex loading
· Participate in offshore assignments, such as the supervision of offshore site investigations, foundation installation, and mechanical protection of products e.g. trenching & rock dumping works as required
What experience would we like you to have?
· You should be degree qualified, ideally to Masters level or equivalent, in a relevant subject such as Civil Engineering, Geoscience or Geology, with a specialisation in Geotechnical Engineering.
· You should have demonstrable relevant experience working in a similar position
· You should be able to show a working understanding of offshore site investigations, foundation design, cable / soil interaction & cable mechanical protection aspects
· Ideally you will have a knowledge and experience of using GIS data systems such as ArcGIS
· You will have good communication skills, both verbal and written, and are able to maintain positive business relationships at all levels across a multicultural global environment.
· You should be commercially aware and highly numerate, with excellent analytical skills, and an ability to work with detail and accuracy.
· You should be a creative problem solver, able to understand business and client needs and develop new and innovative ‘fit for purpose’ solution.
What do we offer?
· Career development – with access to a range of learning and development opportunities, as well as being part of a culture that encourages growth and development
· Flexible working – lots of our people work flexibly in different ways. Whether it’s hybrid, part-time or flexitime working. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but let’s have a discussion to see how we can make it work.
· Enhanced maternity/paternity leave/adoption leave
· A fantastic benefits package – which includes a generous holiday allowance, pension scheme, discounted health and wellbeing packages, electric car salary sacrifice scheme and more.
Who are we?
We are Subsea7, a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services for the energy industry. We make offshore energy transition possible through the continuous evolution of lower-carbon oil and gas and by enabling the growth of renewables and emerging energy.
At Subsea7, we are looking for people who think differently. We want people who can bring new ideas and who are willing to take on opportunities that will enable us to make a positive impact on a global stage.
In turn we will lift you up and encourage you to go further. Onshore or offshore, embark on a journey of opportunities, continuous learning, and development.
Start your journey with us today.
An environment where you can thrive
We recognise that having a diverse team makes us a better, smarter team. Diversity is something we value and regard it as key to our growth.
We encourage new ways of thinking and celebrate our wide range of skills that enable us continually understand the status quo and inspire innovation. An inclusive and diverse environment encourages creativity, improves decision-making and introduces new ways of thinking.
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Subsea7 and we are committed to creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Fair employment practices, fair treatment for all individuals and equal opportunity on the basis of merit are the foundation of how we work and develop together.
What happens next?
If you would like to apply for this role, simply click the Apply button found on this page.
You may be prompted to set up a profile with us. It’s quick and easy to do. Or, if you have already created a profile with us, simply log in and submit your application.
Here are 3 top tips to enable you submit a relevant application:
· Make sure your CV is up-to-date and highlights the transferable skills and experience you can bring to this role.
· We would encourage you to include a cover letter as part of your application. It’s your chance to tell us why you would be a brilliant addition to our team.
· Take your time with your application and check there are no errors such as spelling mistakes.
Once you have submitted your application, we will be in touch as soon as possible with next steps.