|Head Chef in Wheaton Aston||Apply|
Location: Wheaton Aston
Salary: £11.46 per hour
Date Advertised: 2021-07-22
We are currently seeking a Head Chef to work in our Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) at The Huntercombe Hospital Stafford located in Wheaton Aston, 10 miles from Telford, 12 miles from Wolverhampton. 10 miles from Stafford and just 6 miles from the M6 motorway. Working with The Huntercombe Group is rewarding and varied. We actively encourage our employees to get involved and to drive organisational change for the better.
The Huntercombe Hospital Stafford is a 36 bed Tier 4 CAMHS hospital for young people aged 12 -18 years with a range of mental health disorders including eating disorders and complex needs.
The hospital has a purpose-built 12 bed psychiatric intensive care service (PICU), for patients with severe mental Illness who require very specialist and intensive treatment. There is a 12 bed eating disorders service which is housed separately in the original Manor House. There is also a 12 bedded general assessment unit (GAU).
When you join The Huntercombe Group as Head Chef, you will be part of a company that is understanding, strives towards excellence, is innovative, reliable and accessible and above all puts people first.
You will be responsible for a dedicated and friendly team of Chef’s and Kitchen Assistants.
Working within the kitchen and dining area as Head Chef you will help to provide nutritious and enticing meals for the residents in our care. You will be responsible for ensuring mealtimes are an enjoyable part of the day, engaging residents in the dining experience. You will be an important part of the team that ensures patients in our care feel valued as an individual.
As Head Chef working in our Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) your main duties will be:
• To ensure all meals are prepared at the correct time and in accordance with dietary requirements
• To plan all menus, cooperating closely with the relevant members of the clinical team and dietetic services
• To order all daily and weekly food supplies, in accordance with requirements of planned menus and ensure goods received are in accordance with orders placed and invoices received
• Preparing, cooking and serving food of the highest standards and which is appropriate to and meets the needs of the residents, staff and visitors
• Regularly reviewing the menus in line with residents, staff and visitors requirements, including the provision of special diets (with respect to allergies, other health related issues and cultural reasons)
• Ensuring the effective ordering, control and review of raw materials, labour, equipment and supplies and keeping costs in line with agreed budgets and value for money
• Cater for special functions when required
• To organise work rotas to suit the needs of the Hospital and to supervise the practical operation of working schedules
• Responsible for conducting performance and development reviews for the catering team, identifying all training needs and implementing where relevant
• Implement regular team meetings to keep abreast of views and expectations, whilst discussing any current issues
• To maintain strict control over costs and ensure that expenses are within budgeted levels
• To comply with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety, Fire Safety, Food Hygiene
To join The Huntercombe Group as Head Chef you will have: • A relevant catering qualification: NVQ level 3 in catering (minimum) or equivalent
• Experience of working with a client base with specific dietary requirements
• Advanced food hygiene
• Menu Planning experience
• Stock ordering/control experience
• Budget Management experience
• Ability to communicate at all levels
• A positive attitude and a desire to deliver the best possible service to patients in our care.
• A flexible and adaptable attitude We require someone to work 40 hours per week on a shift basis (Monday – Sunday) and we will pay £11.46 per hour.
Please note that we will close this advert once we have reached the desired number of applications, if you wish to apply, please do so ASAP.
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability or social background. This is a great opportunity for someone to make a difference.
For a more detailed job spec please take a look at our Website where you can also read some inspiring stories and find out why working at Huntercombe really sets us apart from the rest