|Litigation Paralegal in Slough|
Salary: £25,000.00 per year
Date Advertised: 2021-07-22
Commercial Litigation Paralegal
A well established legal 500 firm based in Slough require a paralegal to join their Litigation team dealing with a varied support caseload with an emphasis across Commercial, Civil and Property Litigation.
This is an opportunity for you to join a busy department that will offer excellent growth opportunities.
You will be assisting with an extensive and varied workload and will be required to hit the ground running.
Main duties include:
- Undertake certain elements of fee earning work under supervision. In particular:
• file creation and client care correspondence;
• attending meetings and taking notes;
• preparing all necessary accounts forms and understanding client ledgers;
• file closing and managing deed storage;
• making and receiving telephone calls, and dealing with basic telephone enquiries;
• administrative duties including photocopying, scanning, filing, door answering and letter writing;
• ensuring meeting rooms are set up and cleared before and after meetings;
• attending and participating in departmental meetings
- Deal wherever possible with routine client enquiries and communications.
- Manage the collation of matter start and matter completion data.
- Deputise for fee earners in their absence, passing urgent issues to another fee earner for guidance.
- Ensuring that client matter files are kept up to date with correspondence and documents
- You will be a confident individual with strong academics (minimum 2:1 degree and commendation at LPC)
- Must have at least 12 months experience as a commercial litigation paralegal;
- A team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment whilst also supporting other team members and other departments in the firm.
What's on offer:
- An above market rate salary dependant on experience
- High quality workload with a high level of support and autonomy
- An opportunity to work in a collegiate environment with a real focus on work-life balance
- Genuine prospects for progression