Start your application for this job todayApply Now
We are looking for a Practitioner to join our Positive Behaviour Support Team! Experience and passion for working with individuals who experience episodes of distress is pivotal in this exciting and fast paced role.
Within your role, you will work as part of a PBS Team to support our Salutem colleagues, and most importantly the people we support. You will offer the support by:
· Providing Practice Leadership to the teams
· Providing training and workshops
· Promoting the principles of recovery focussed Positive Behaviour Support, Person Centred Active Support and Restraint Reduction
· Undertaking individualised assessments
· Implementation of PBS and restraint reduction plans
· Mentor team members and facilitate debriefing
· Represent Salutem PBS Team during professional meetings about individuals
· Collating data and creating evidence driven multiagency reports
As a PBS Practitioner you will be a key member of our team, providing high standards of person-centred care to the individuals we support. You will ensure that the service meets the physical, environmental, social, and emotional wellbeing of each individual person in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence and wellbeing. This position will include networking across services to provide PBS support, giving opportunity to develop wider experience. You must be committed to the development of the team and the homes mission to achieve the PBS academy quality framework and outstanding rating from CQC.
You will develop and review of person-centred PBS plans under the direction of your manager, supporting with proactive strategies and risk management plans for the individuals to ensure these are effective and sustainable. Ideally you will have experience of working with people who experience distress, be willing to train in physical intervention and have or be working towards Level 4 PBS qualification. Support can be offered to achieve this for the right candidate.
You must be flexible in your attitude towards the role and be highly committed to their ongoing professional development within Positive Behaviour Support. Other essential qualities include teamwork, leadership and effective communication skills, self- motivation, and the ability to use own initiative, excellent organisational and time management skills.
We’re committed to supporting the wellbeing of our team and our benefits package has something for everyone – including these key highlights:
- Competency Frameworks and Pay Scales – We have a development and reward initiative in place for all our individual colleagues and teams, showing clear career pathways, progression & promotion opportunities, and pay scales to work towards if desired.
- Perkbox – Get over 200 exclusive perks and discounts, plus wellbeing and wellness content.
- Blue Light Card – Working in social care, all our staff qualify for thousands of discounts in shops, restaurants, and venues on the high street with a Blue Light Card. You can register to get 2-years access to the Blue Light Card for £4.99 and reclaim this cost via our expenses process.
- Wagestream - Any day can be payday with Wagestream, as you can withdraw some of your wages earned early.*
- Care Friends, Refer-a-Friend Scheme – Instantly earn points and cash rewards for referring people you know for roles at Salutem.
- Sovereign Health Care Plan – Affordable cover to help with your healthcare and private medical costs.
- Canada Life, Group Life Assurance - To protect all our staff from day one of employment, we provide a Death in Service benefit via Canada Life, which is offered at 1 x your annual salary.
- Blink, our internal communications app - Giving you a voice and a sense of community across the organisation.
- Pension scheme - for all qualifying staff
- Free DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
As an organisation, we're committed to supporting our teams and offering a range of perks that look after your financial, mental, emotional and physical wellbeing.
*Terms and conditions apply.
This job description should not be seen as all encompassing, and the post holder will be expected to undertake any other responsibilities appropriate to the post as identified by the company.
What’s your idea of working in care? We’d love to share a glimpse of life at Salutem with you!
At our core, we’re a team of people supporting people to live a life they love.
At Salutem we are proud to provide a range of care and support in our schools, day centres, and residential homes for children and adults. Just like any family, we want the very best for the individuals we support. Our aim at Salutem Care and Education is to empower people to live a life they choose, regardless of the care and support they need.
Each individual we support at Salutem Care and Education has an opportunity to live their best life each and every day. We are proud to offer outstanding levels of care, support and education for each individual we support as part of our Salutem family.
At Salutem Care and Education, we recognise the value and wisdom that come from all stages of life. Join our team to be a part of a community that truly appreciates the richness of age diversity.