Employer Bexley Medical Group Location Bexleyheath Closing date 31 Jan 2024
Sector Contract Type Hours You need to or to save a job. Must be member of the Faculty of Physician Associates at the RCP which includes registration on the UK Physician Associate Register (the PA Managed Voluntary Register)
We are a large busy GP practice across 3 sites Bexley, Bexleyheath and Erith with over 18,000 patients.
We are looking for someone who has the ability to liaise affectively with colleagues and other members of the multi-disciplinary team and to have the best interests of the patient at heart.
Main duties of the job
Dynamic and able to use own initiative
Manage work load effectively
Liaise effectively with hospitals and other outside agencies.
Knowledge of audit principles and evidence of participation in audit/quality improvement
We are a very busy Practice where good communication skills are required for the smooth running of the Practice.
You may be working across the three sites.
Title: Physician Associate in General Practice
Required or desirable qualities Dynamic/able to use own initiative IT literate and proficient use of practice systems Good communicator Ability to teach others Good presentation skills Good problem solving and decision making skills Ability to manage work load effectively A high standard of clinical skills and experience with the ability to adapt to different situations Willingness to work in the best interest of the patient Team player with the ability to liaise effectively with colleagues and other members of the multi-disciplinary team Ability to liaise effectively with hospitals and other outside agencies Must be a Member of the Faculty of Physician Associates at the RCP, which includes registration on the UK Physician Associate Register (the PA Managed Voluntary Register) until such time that statutory regulation of PAs is achieved Current and valid certification or re-certification by the UK Physician Associate National Examination Maintains CPD requirements of 50 hours per year (25 Type 1 and 25 Type 2) DBS check Previous experience in UK general practice
Person specification interview checklist
- Postgraduate Diploma/Master in Physician Associate from an accredited UK University
- Bachelor Degree in Life Science/Biomedical/Nursing or Allied Health Science
- Member of Faculty of Physician Associate Managed Voluntary Register (PAMVR)
- Valid national certification and recertification every six years stipulated by PAMVR
- For USA trained candidates: Current and valid certification with the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Basic or advanced Life Support
- Equal Opportunity training in the last three years
- Experience of general practice and/or secondary care
- Demonstrable patient assessment skills
- Any desirable/additional specialty specific requirements
- Demonstrates an in depth knowledge of related medical conditions, treatments and pharmacology
- Experience of supporting doctors in clinical decision making
- Ability to work autonomously within the scope of supervised practice
- Detailed knowledge of maintaining confidentiality and implementing data protection legislation requirements including information governance
-Aptitudes Teaching and training
-Ability to organise and prioritise workload effectively
- Ability to exercise sound judgement when faced with conflicting pressures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- IT literate
- Experience and enthusiasm for clinical teaching of multi-disciplinary students and qualified staff when appropriate
Audit and Research
- Critical appraisal skills
- Knowledge of Audit principles and evidence of participation in audit / Quality Improvement projects
- Experience of applying evidence to clinical practice
- Evidence of knowledge of research methodology
- Good communication and empathy skills with patients
- Evidence of willingness to participate in a multi-disciplinary team environment to provide and integrated service for patients
- Ability to work as a member of a team, both through communication and sharing workload
- Ability to manage high pressure situations eg clinical crisis
- Willingness to work flexibly to deliver clinically effective and cost effective healthcare
Practical and personal qualities
- Evidence of continual learning and development
- Understands self (strengths/weaknesses) and impact of behaviour on others
- Evidence of innovation
Other requirements no history of or pending medical legal cases. Appropriate immigration status residence within a reasonable distance of work location
Essential Physician Associate at the RCP Member of Faculty of Physician Associate Managed Voluntary Register (PAMVR) Valid national certification and recertification every 6 years stipulated by PAMVR
Bexley Medical Group
171 King Harolds Way
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.
Share this job
You need to or to save a job.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.