|Residential Worker in High Wycombe|
Location: High Wycombe
Salary: £22,700.00 per year
Date Advertised: 2021-07-22
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Circa £22,700 per annum
Permanent, Full-Time working 37 hours per week on a shift basis
Giving children and young people the foundations, they need to thrive.
Merryfields is a 14 Bed 24 hour short break service for children and young people from 5 years to 18 years old. The service includes Rainbow and Sunbeam that support children with moderate to severe learning disabilities. Rainbow supports children and young people with physical disabilities and high health care needs and Sunbeam supports children and young people with learning disabilities and behavioural support such as autism.
Please see our attached leaflet for more information. You can also click on the following links for more information about us……. See for yourself how fun and rewarding it is to work for Merryfields;
You will make a difference by:
- Supporting the service, we provide to children.
-Supporting young people during their short breaks stay, including medication requirements, full training is provided.
- Taking responsibility for the personal care and routines of the young people.
- Supporting young people to achieve positive outcomes.
- Being responsible for the safeguarding of young people.
- By leading shifts and supervising staff.
- Link working with young people (managing paperwork and files).
You will need:
- Experience of working with children or young people (experience working with children with disabilities would be an advantage).
-QCF 3 diploma for children and Young People's workforce social care pathway or equivalent is desirable, or the willingness to work towards this.
- Working off your own initiative.
-A positive and confident approach to engaging with children and young people.
-The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
-A flexible approach to working hours (service open seven days a week).A good standard of written English and the ability to make accurate notes for record-keeping purposes