Building a sustainable tomorrow
BAM Nuttall are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Yorkshire area team, initially providing commercial advice and support on a complex and large value flood alleviation scheme based in Leeds, and then onto the wider regional business across a number of frameworks and schemes with a variety of clients across highways, flood, water and energy sectors.
This is a great opportunity for a highly collaborative and enthusiastic professional.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards in accordance with Company policy
- Maintain effective communication with the team you are working with
- Manage, supervise and mentor members of the commercial team
- Provide commercial contact with supply chain partners through pre-contract meetings, contract vetting and input to subcontract documents
- Commercial management of subcontractors including processing payments, obtaining final account agreements, and resolving disputed issues by negotiation, if appropriate
- Ensure the timely production of reliable cost performance data
- Production of monthly / quarterly reports financial reports
- Be responsible for change management including ensuring adherence to Contractual timescales and Notices
- Ensure adherence to Risk and Opportunity management protocol and advise the Management Team accordingly
- Be responsible for the timely production of appropriate levels of applications for payments in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of contract
- Attend and provide input to all site commercial meetings. Providing commercial advice to the site team
- Manage time and workloads for yourself and your commercial team in a structured manner
- Liaison with operations and support services to ensure successful commercial outcomes
Who are we looking for?
- Successful experience at Senior Quantity Surveyor, or at Quantity Surveyor level looking to take the next step in your career, demonstrating effective core commercial skills
- Experience of NEC forms of contract
- Demonstable ability to mentor and coach direct reports
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with the project team including the Client, Project Managers and Designers
- Have the confidence and ability to work within a team environment, and to have a positive influence on outcomes.
- Relevant qualification (Degree, HNC/D)
- Early Contractor Involvement experience
- Experience of target cost contracts
- Relevant Professional qualification (CICES/RICS)
Whats in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- A wide range of family friendly policies
- Company car / car allowance / travel allowance
- 8 % matched pension contributions
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- 26 days holiday
- 2 wellbeing days
- 1 volunteering day
- Personal and professional development
BAM Nuttall is also committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
Our recruitment process
BAM is committed to ensuring a fully inclusive recruitment and onboarding process, so if at anytime you feel you may need any reasonable adjustments, do not hesitate to speak with one of our team, and we will do our best to support you.