|Volunteer Manager in Sheffield||Apply|
Salary: £30,722.00 per year
Date Advertised: 2021-04-27
Fixed term 18 months, 29.6 hours (flexible)
Based within our Customer Collaboration team, but working across our business, you’ll join us at an exciting time. Our Digi Friends project uses volunteers and strengths-based peer-to-peer support to help our customers to build their confidence and skills with tech and all things digital, and supports them to get digitally connected to the people and things that matter to them, including transacting with us online via our new customer portal.
* Salary Scale: £30,722-£33,652 per annum, pro rata
* Working hours: 29.6 flexible. Open to a range of working patterns including over 4 or 5 days or compressed hours.
* Car allowance / mileage allowance
* Benefits which include an excellent flexible working scheme, family friendly perks, wellbeing scheme, discounts scheme.
* Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
* Pension contribution
More about the role:
You’ll lead operational delivery for our Digi Friends volunteering and peer support programme, working with our network of Digi Friends volunteers and with colleagues across SYHA to support our digital inclusion strategy and our Digital First aspirations, by:
* Targeting our digital support where it is needed to support our customers’ shift to digital channels, including our new customer portal.
* Working with colleagues across SYHA to ensure that customers who would benefit from our Digi Friends offer are successfully referred, and supported by our network of volunteers to achieve personalised digital goals.
* Role modelling the way we work with and listen to our customers and volunteers, ensuring that the programme delivers strengths-based and high-quality support.
Who you are:
We’re passionate about finding the right person to join our team.We want to ensure that your strengths & skills are a good fit for this exciting project.We welcome people from diverse backgrounds and with different life experiences, and believe that this makes our team stronger.
We welcome candidates who:
* Have experience of digital exclusion
* Live in social housing
* Use care & support services.
We are particularly interested in people who are:
* Great at inspiring and engaging others.
* A good networker and collaborator, at your happiest working with a wide range of people across our business to achieve shared goals.
* Able to lead and deliver a high-quality volunteering programme.
* Enthusiastic about digital inclusion and understand how it can make a difference to our customers’ lives.
* Passionate about peer-led and strengths-based approaches, or with a genuine willingness to develop your skills and knowledge of these.
Who we are:
At South Yorkshire Housing Association, our purpose is for our customers to settle at home, live well and realise their potential.
Feeling settled and living well means different things to the people and families that live across South Yorkshire. So, we work with people in different ways – from our extra-care housing, to providing services and opportunities that individuals can access in their home, workplace and community, to creating houses for affordable rent.
Our employees enable us to create the best services, support, and experiences for our customers. We believe that difference makes us better, and that our services are made stronger by having a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please note that we may remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. Please apply at your earliest convenience