Information about us
The terms "us" or "we" refer to the Owner of the Website, who is registered in England and Wales under number 8521222 with registered office at The Carriage House, Mill Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6YE, Our VAT number is GB161643812.
Access to and use of this Website
2.1 We only offer use of the Website for domestic and private use and you agree not to use or attempt to use any of the foregoing for any commercial, business or resale purposes. We offer alternative business solutions for commercial users, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries
2.2 For you to use the Website, you may be asked to upload certain profile data, including:
- Your gender
- Your location
- Your business activity
- Your job title
- Your education
- Your remuneration
If you upload your CV on our website, you are giving permission for us to pass & sell on to 3rd parties who in turn may wish to contact you.
2.3 Delivery Policy: When you submit your salary details you may receive login details which will allow you to use the database.
If there is not enough data available on the criteria you entered, you can continue to use the website and browse the thousands of results.
You may log on via the use of social media platforms and by doing so we have the right to anonymise and sell data acquired from doing so.
2.4 You must keep your Registration Details confidential and secure at all times and you must not disclose them to any third party. We may rely on any use of the Website with such Registration Details as being authorised by you.
2.5 We reserve the right to disable your Registration Details at any time and without notice if you breach any of these Conditions or any other policies or guidelines set by us from time to time elsewhere on the Website. In the event of any such breach, your permission to use the Website shall at the same time terminate and you must immediately destroy any extracts downloaded or printed from the Website.
2.6 By contributing your Data on the Website, you will be given full access to the Check-a-Salary library of reports. In order to maintain such access, you must refresh your contributed Data at least once every 12 months.
Acceptable Use Policy
4.1 We are committed to ensuring that our Website remains safe for our users. Our Website relies on users submitting or uploading their Data to or on this Website. By using this Website, you warrant that you will only use this Website in accordance with our Acceptable Use Policy and you shall indemnify us from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs (including reasonable legal costs) incurred as a direct or indirect result of the breach by you of such warranty.
Ownership of Intellectual Property Rights
5.1 This Website contains material, including without limitation, text, images, the browsing system, design, layout, look, appearance and graphics, which is protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property rights. All intellectual property rights in this Website and its content are owned by Check-a-Salary Limited or its third party licensors.
5.2 You hereby acknowledge that the Owner has made substantial investment in obtaining, verifying, compiling and presenting the data collected by or on its behalf (whether or not via the Website and including (without limitation) any Data and Personal Details submitted or uploaded to this Website by its users (in anonymised form)) (together the "Data"), in the form of a database (the "Database").Without limiting Condition 5.1 and subject to Condition 5.5, all copyright, database right and any other intellectual property right in the Data and the Database belongs to Check-a-Salary Limited. You may not modify the Data or Database, merge the Data or Database with any third party data, sell or otherwise trade in the Data or Database, or use or distribute the Data or Database for the purposes of compiling databases, lists or directories.
5.3 You may download, temporarily store and print hard copies of any of the pages of this Website for personal use, or for internal, non-commercial use, if we are acknowledged as the source and copyright owner. You may not in any way alter or adapt the text of the material on the Website or of any material printed off the Website (including without limitation any trade marks or logos included in such material) and/or remove any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material from any material printed off from the Website.
5.4 Whilst we consider any Data you submit to this Website to be non-proprietary, in the event that any intellectual property rights in such Data vest in you, you hereby grant to us a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, sub-licensable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use such Data (including without limitation to copy, display, modify, transmit, make derivative works of, verify and compile such Data in a database and distribute) for the purpose of our business.
6.1 The content of the pages of the Website is for your general information and use only. We have the right to modify or withdraw the Website without notice to you and to change these Conditions from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements, and changes in our system’s capabilities. You will be subject to the Conditions in force at the time that you use this Website, upload your Data to this Website or otherwise download or purchase any service over this Website.
6.2 The Website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and we make no warranty or guarantee of any kind, whether express or implied, as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on the Website for any particular purpose, or that the Website will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free or that defects will be corrected. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons which may be beyond our control. Whilst steps have been taken to ensure that this Website is free from viruses, no warranty is given in this regard and you are responsible for ensuring you have appropriate virus checking software.
6.3 If we fail to comply with these Conditions, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach or our negligence up to an amount equal to the aggregate amount paid by you to us in the 12 (twelve) months immediately preceding the cause of action arising. We are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered any contract pursuant to these Conditions or at the time you accessed the Website.
6.4 We only offer use of the Website for private use and you agree not to use or attempt to use any of the foregoing for any commercial, business or resale purposes. Accordingly, we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
6.5 We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
Third Party Links
7.1 The Website may also include links to third party websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. The content of any such third party website or resource may be subject to terms and conditions imposed by the owner of that content. We do not endorse or accept any responsibility for the content of or software downloaded from any website linked from this Website or which links to it.
8.1 Any contract entered into between you and us is binding on you and us and on our successors and assigns. You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent. We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of our rights and obligations under any contract between you and us to any person at any time.
8.2 If any of these Conditions are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8.3 These Conditions and any contract purchased for any services through our Website and any other issue arising from this Website or your use of the Website, shall be governed by English law. The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or matter arising from or related to a visit to this Website, and over any claim or matter arising under or in connection with these Conditions or any contract entered into with you pursuant to these Conditions.
If you submit your CV to the site and opt for it to be shared with other companies, we accept no responsibility as to who may end up having access to your CV. This means your current employer may see your CV. We may also programmatically and manually pass your CV to be able to pass on additional information gained from your CV. When passing on your CV, we may also pass on your contact details along with your name and any other information we have gathered from your CV. If you don't wish this to happen, please do not opt for your CV to be shared. If at a point in the future we operate a CV service for clients, your consent for CV sharing includes with our own clients. We may provide your CV either free or charge, or for a charge to our clients. We may receive a commission from sites we pass your CV on to. Your CV will be primarily shared with Job sites via our chosen partner. You accept that you will be contacted by companies who view your CV. This means your details will be shared with companies. We have no control as to who may view your CV.
Visitors from outside the United Kingdom (UK)
This website is based in the UK and is hosted on UK servers. Analytics data might get transferred to other countries. We are governed by UK (English and Welsh) law and will default to English where applicable. Accessing this site from outside the UK means you accept you are bound by UK law. You waive your rights to any privacy and or other laws in your own country by using this site.
Check-a-Salary Acceptable Use Policy
- By using this Website, submitting any Data to it and/or placing an order for any of our services, you warrant that you will: (a) only use this Website for lawful purposes; (b) not use this Website for any Prohibited Use; and (c) comply at all times with our Content Standards.
- For the purpose of this Acceptable Use Policy, "Prohibited Uses" include (without limitation) any uses of the Website which:
- Breach any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- Are otherwise unlawful or fraudulent or have any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- Are prohibited under paragraph 4 of this Acceptable Use Policy.
- You may not:
- Use this Website to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or reuse any material which does not comply with our Content Standards;
- Use this Website to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation;
- Use this Website to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code which may compromise or adversely affect the operation of this Website;
- Access, interfere with, damage or otherwise disrupt:
- any part of this Website;
- any equipment or network on which this Website may be stored from time to time;
- Any software used in the provision of this Website (in each case whether owned or used by us or a third party).
- For the purpose of this Acceptable Use Policy, the "Content Standards" set out in paragraphs 6 and 7 of this Acceptable Use Policy apply.
- You must ensure that any Data submitted on or uploaded to this Website is:
- Accurate (where it is factual);
- Genuinely held (where it states opinion); and
- Complies with any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- You must ensure that any Data submitted on or uploaded to this Website:
- Does not contain any material which is defamatory, trade libellous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing;
- Does not promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Does not infringe anywhere in the world any third party's intellectual property rights (including copyright, database right and trade mark rights), other proprietary rights or rights of privacy;
- Is not likely to deceive any person;
- Is not made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- Is not likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any third party or cause him, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Is not used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; and
- Does not give the impression that it emanates from us, if this is not the case.
- You must not advocate, promote or assist any act which breaches or potentially breaches this Acceptable Use Policy.
- Issue of a warning to you;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to access or use the Website, and/or your access to any Data (and/or any service derived in whole or in part from such Data) at any time and without notice to you;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent deletion, moving, and/or edit of any Data uploaded by you to the Website at any time and without notice to you;
The list of actions above is not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- We may also, at our sole discretion at any time and without notice to you: (a) contact any law enforcement agency or court of competent jurisdiction regarding any use which we consider, in our sole discretion, to be a Prohibited Use, and/or regarding any Data which we believe, in our sole discretion, does not comply with our Content Standards, and supply copies of any such Data to them and give them access to any Data (including any Personal Data contained therein) which is held by us relating to any user who has committed such Prohibited Use or submitted such Data; and/or (b) refer any matter to a law enforcement agency or court of competent jurisdiction where in our reasonable opinion, we consider that any matter arising from your use of this Website is of a criminal or illegal nature.