- By Check-a-Salary
- Posted Friday 24
th August 2018
Taking on a term-time job while studying for a degree is challenging, but the advantages can easily outweigh the disadvantages. Students who work while studying may gain better knowledge and experience as for how to manage several essential aspects of life.
What do term time jobs mean?
University towns have a massive increase in numbers during term time, meaning local businesses have increased demand. There are lots of opportunities for work either directly from the university or students’ union.
Benefits of term time jobs:
- Additional freedom to seek something extra: When you have a part-time job, you get the freedom to do something else, you get the time to steer your career precisely, and it further helps in pursuing your dreams too.
- Gateway to exceptional opportunities: If you understand how to pick your job correctly, you’ll be capable of enhancing your experiences and expertise in the area that you want. Also, brand-new possibilities will crop up placing yourself in the best environment and pursuing your dream career.
- Less stress, better flexibility: Full-time jobs are tiring, and you don't get enough time to pursue a degree.
- Development of time-management skills: You will need to be a sound planner as you will have to accomplish every task demanded by you, fitting around your education. You will prioritize stuff and will absorb the true meaning of time.
Mentioned below are eight-term time jobs:
- General Assistant: A term time general assistant presents excellent levels of organizational assistance to a department, manager or executive. Some may want experience, but many are only looking for the right personality. Usually, a general assistant goal is to assist a particular customer.
Requires excellent communication, organisational and time management skills.
- Term Time Cashier: This position is excellent because it demands little to no experience. It is one of the favorite jobs, and you can wish to work at a particular time of a day. Cashiers work in a variety of places. Maximum cashiers are required to work weekends, evenings and holidays.
Requires basic maths ability along with excellent communication skills.
- Boutique Sales Associate: If you enjoy fashion, then you can go for this job. Working in the boutique is ideal for all the fashion freaks, and it needs little to no experience. Boutique sales associate present a variety of services, from assisting you to pick out items to pulling up your purchases.
Should be self-motivated and should have fantastic communication and problem-solving skills.
- Tour Guide: If you are a loving and sociable person and know well about your city, you can decide to work part-time as a tour guide. It is one of the easiest yet pocket filling jobs. You shall have an in-depth knowledge of your place and essential points of visit.
Should have excellent communication skills. Enthusiasm, humor, punctuality are essential as well.
- Waiter/Waitress: Restaurants and fast-food chains have frequent opportunities to join their teams to serve their customers. This one may not be too fascinating, but it does clear your bills. A server plays a significant role in a restaurant which is always to be mindful.
Must be punctual, hospitable and shall have an intense understanding of the menu.
- Barista: Start getting your morning coffee for free by becoming a barista at a coffee shop. It is one of the most comfortable jobs.
Must have an extroverted and active personality.
- Librarian: Library jobs are one of the most suitable posts as they are comparatively high paid and on-campus location. This post will grant you loads of customer service training and the opportunity to communicate with fellow students for most of your time. Employers though typically fancy hiring librarians who have achieved a master's degree, so it might be something to pursue after your undergraduate degree.
Requires enthusiasm, patience, common sense, sense of humor, an understanding of young people.
- Food Production Operative: Food processing operatives are included in the creation and packaging of the food products. The job typically involves checking and weighing of raw materials and ensuring that machine settings are correct.
Must have the ability to work quickly and methodically and to follow instructions.
Go and apply for your term-time job now!
Subscribe to our newsletter to get notified of new blog posts from Check-a-Salary